Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I can't believe our time here in Bangkok is almost over. It feels like we've been here a long time, but it also seems very short. I'm not sure I'm ready to come home to the states. There have been times when the intensity of the religious oppression here has made me want to jump on a plane and come right back home. It's frustrating to see an entire city, and even a nation, suffering because of the dark spiritual forces that wage war on them every day because they've been given a legal right to. But then there are times when I've gotten to see breakthrough, lives changing, and it makes me want to see.

There is so much brokenness here in ways I've never experienced or seen before, and it's enough to make me want to weep for days. But I have to remind myself daily of what God is doing here. In a place of so much darkness, his light is shining so brightly. Just to give some quick testimony, one day this week the guys on our team went to the red light district where Nightlight has a building and were praying and worshiping in the building, when outside the window a woman had set up a stand to sell some goods. The guys prayed for her and she came back and said that she hadn't sold anything until they started coming! Something over that area must have broken in the spirit for her to be able to sell finally. I thought that was such a cool picture of the breakthrough we are bringning to this city without even really knowing about it. Just our presence is shifting things in the atmosphere.

On Tuesday this week, I got really really sick and ended up staying in bed all day feeling nauteous and sick to my stomach. That night the girls went with Nightlight to a bar where they do witchcraft over the girls in order to draw in customers. Annie said it was like walking into the pit of hell. I have to wonder if maybe i was experienceing some of what they were encountering, because i didn't start feeling better until they got back from the bar.

People are telling me it's time for us to head out, so I will have to write more later... thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment